Toledo 2020 Jesuit Scholars
The Toledo 2020 Jesuit Scholars Program targets academically talented students whose economic and social disadvantages would otherwise preclude a St. John's Jesuit education.
The 2020 program prepares students for success in a rigorous college preparatory curriculum, achievement in college, and by the year 2020 following their successful graduation from college, future leadership in their communities.
2020 offers students:
- an academically-challenging, college-preparatory environment.
- summer studies program works with freshmen to teach study skills for a college-prep curriculum.
- home visits for freshmen to welcome them into the community.
- upperclassman mentors.
- financial aid for books, supplies, and other school necessities.
- ACT and SAT test preparation.
- college counseling to find the right fit and funding for a college education.
- college tours.
- strong parental support programs.
- a vast array of extracurricular activities.
- leadership opportunities.
- a chance to give back to the community through Christian Service locally, nationally, and internationally.
- after school study table, tutoring for students who need extra help and preparation for honors and Advanced Placement classes.
Students Come From Many Places
Toledo 2020 Jesuit Scholars come from throughout Northwest Ohio and are diverse socially, economically, culturally, and geographically.
Where 2020 Graduates Have Attended College
Boston College, Bowling Green State University, Brown University, Duke University, Eastern Michigan University, Fordham University, Georgetown University, John Carroll University, Indiana University, Loyola Marymount University, Northwestern University, Ohio State University, University of Dayton, University of Detroit Mercy, University of Findlay, University of Notre Dame, University of Michigan, University of Tennessee, University of Toledo, Wittenberg University, Xavier University, Yale and many others.
A variety of gatherings take place for the 2020 Jesuit Scholars and their families. At the end of the summer, parents have an evening supper where they meet school administrators. Throughout the school year, dinners are held to honor the academic achievements of the 2020 scholars and allow time for families to socialize.
For information and to discuss if the 2020 program is the right fit for your son, contact Rev. Tom Doyle, S.J., at 419-865-5743, ext. 0777, or Ms. Mary Ann Barabino, at ext. 0719.